WELCOME TO soul sanctuary dance!
no admission fee
Every Sunday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Pacific Time.
IN-Person at ASHKENAZ MUSIC AND DANCE COMMUNITY CENTER, AND ONLINE.
What you need to know
- Our in-person dance opens at 11:00 am. Opening welcome circle at 11:30 am. Session goes until 1:00 pm.
- Please read our Community Agreements.
- Subscribe to our weekly email to stay up to date.
- Please read the rest of this page before joining us.
- Soul Sanctuary Dance, founded in 2003, is a weekly welcoming and inclusive all-ages community freestyle/ecstatic/shoes optional dance that supports free expression, community, physical and emotional health, and a spirit of generosity. We dance to an irresistible eclectic blend of music.
- We charge no admission fee and we are all-volunteer run, but you are invited to pay it forward at this link to enable us to pay our expenses and keep our chain of gifts alive through our dance: paypal.me/soulsanctuarydance (note:account name says Zachary Pine.) We also accept donations at the in-person dance.
- Our in-person and online dancers are equally important and cherished parts of our community. We include an online option because we know that some people can't be or choose not to be at our venue.
- Ashkenaz is wheelchair accessible.
- The organizers are Herb Heinz, Kristi Coombs, Michelle Blair, and Zach Pine. Reach us here.
Schedule and format (US Pacific Time Zone)
- 10:30 Zoom meeting opens for early online arrivals and tech checks
- 11:00 Doors open for in-person venue - Ashkenaz
- 11:00-11:30 Warmup music and arrival time
- 11:30-11:35 Brief Welcome Circle
- 11:35-12:45 Dance time
- 12:45-1:00 Closing Circle including community announcements
How to join in: