WELCOME TO soul sanctuary dance!
Every Sunday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Pacific Time.
IN-Person at ASHKENAZ MUSIC AND DANCE COMMUNITY CENTER, AND ONLINE.
What you need to know
- Our in-person dance opens at 11:00 am. Opening welcome circle at 11:30 am. Session goes until 1:00 pm.
- Please read our Community Agreements, including our Covid and Health Agreements.
- NOTE: our Covid and Health agreements will change on 12/18/22. Until then, dancers must be fully vaccinated (and boosted at least once if eligible) and wear non-cloth masks. After 12/18/22, dancers must be "up-to-date" with Covid vaccinations, and wear a mask (N95 or KN95 recommended).
- Subscribe to our weekly email to stay up to date.
- Please read the rest of this page before joining online or in-person.
- Buttons at the bottom of this page will take you to info for joining in-person.
- Soul Sanctuary Dance, founded in 2003, is a weekly welcoming and inclusive all-ages community freestyle/ecstatic/shoes optional dance that supports free expression, community, physical and emotional health, and a spirit of generosity. We dance to an irresistible eclectic blend of music.
- We charge no admission fee and we are all-volunteer run, but you are invited to pay it forward at this link to enable us to pay our expenses and keep our chain of gifts alive through our dance: paypal.me/soulsanctuarydance (note:account name says Zachary Pine.) We also accept donations at the in-person dance.
- Our in-person and online dancers are equally important and cherished parts of our community. We include an online option because we know that some people can't be at our venue, or would not feel safe at our venue even in light of our Community Agreements; we also know that some people cannot, or choose not to, agree to our Community Agreements for in-person dancing.
- Ashkenaz is wheelchair accessible.
- The organizers are Herb Heinz, Kristi Coombs, Michelle Blair, and Zach Pine. Reach us here.
Schedule and format (US Pacific Time Zone)
- 10:30 Zoom meeting opens for early arrival and tech checks
- 11:00 Doors open for in-person venue
- 11:00-11:30 Warmup music and arrival time.
- 11:30-11:35 Brief welcome "circle" for all dancers (online and in-person)
- 11:35-12:40 Dance time
- 12:40-1:00 Closing "circle" for all dancers
How to join: