- Lineup on 4/5/20: DJ Michelle, Host Z, Co-host Herb.
- 62 dancers joined in on 3/29/20. For part of the dance, we had Breakout Rooms with a smaller number of dancers. That was a big hit. More of that this week!
- Zoom has changed its policies: you can still join our Zoom meeting with one click from a browser, however, if you instead use the Zoom application and enter our meeting ID, you will need to enter our password: LIOSSD (all caps).
- New request: if you're not dancing on screen, please press "stop video" until you start dancing. See FAQ for details.
- After the dance: optional hangout and mingle time. Feel free to eat your lunch while chatting.
- We now are inviting donations to enable us to pay it forward and keep our chain of gifts alive. We are still paying our rent.
See our website (including the FAQ page) for full info!
[Photo: Banner at top shows three photos of people dancing at home. Text at left says "LIVE INTERACTIVE ONLINE SOUL SANCTUARY DANCE." Text at right says "Sunday, March 29, 2020, 11am - 1pm Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7). (”doors open” at 10:45am for tech check), DJ Z. See soulsanctuarydance.com for details, including event format, link to live audio stream and Zoom meeting link."]
March is Women's History Month, and this Sunday, March 8th, is International Women's Day. At Soul Sanctuary, DJ Michelle sparks the dance celebration with an eclectic female-centric groove spanning a century - (well, almost - the earliest tune, circa 1943, is by the International Sweethearts of Rhythm, the first "integrated" all-women's band in the United States; the most current, from 2019, belongs to Norwegian 23-year-old, Aurora).
PS - Don't forget to "Spring Ahead" your clocks an hour!
[Photo description: Black and white photo of three people wearing dresses, jumping in the air while facing each other, with toes pointed. .Text at top right says "IT'S INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY 2020 !" Text at bottom right says "Sunday, March 8, 2020, 11am-1pm, DJ Michelle, Soul Sanctuary at Ashkenaz, 1317 San Pablo Ave., Berkeley." ]
This week DJ Z brings you tunes with a message and a beat to get you moving and keep you movin'!
[Photo description: Cartoon drawing by Robert Crumb, with a person taking a big step. Text at top says "KEEP ON TRUCKIN'." Text at bottom right says "Sunday, March 1, 2020, 11am-1pm, DJ Z, Soul Sanctuary at Ashkenaz, 1317 San Pablo Ave., Berkeley." ]
We love that SSD is all-ages! We love seeing the children on the dancefloor
- rolling around, pulling scarves, wearing tutus, twirling, climbing,
leaping, crawling, skipping, to and fro! This Sunday, at Soul Sanctuary
Dance, DJ Michelle hosts with a set to make us smile and giggle and dance
like the kids we were and always will be.
[Photo description: Image of children in a dance class. Text at bottom left says "KID'S SPECIAL." Text at bottom right says "Sunday, February 23, 2020, 11am-1pm, DJ Michelle, Soul Sanctuary at Ashkenaz, 1317 San Pablo Ave., Berkeley." ]
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.